With 400 companies and organisations at Ideon, it is difficult to keep track of what everyone is doing. We want to make it easier for all of us to get to know one another by inviting you behind the scenes. Every other week, one company will take over our Instagram account and share their working life with you. This week, Malmö Yrkeshögskola and their program Advanced Programming for iPhone and Android, will be taking over our Instagram.
Hello Claes Magnusson, Principal, can you tell me a little bit about Malmö Yrkeshögskola and the course you have at Ideon?
– Malmö Yrkeshögskola is an advanced vocational college with education at post upper secondary levels, approved and financed by the Swedish National Agency for Higher Vocational Education and approved by the Swedish Board of Study Support (CSN) for loans and grants.
– In Lund we provide a 1,5 year programme in Advanced Programming iPhone and Android, next class starts in January 2018. We also have several programmes in Malmö and in Helsingborg including Content Manager (2 year) also starting in January, and Mobile Commerce (1.5 year), Content Producer (1.5 year) and Programmer iPhone and Android (1 year) starting in August 2018.
Who are the students that attend the course?
– Students are usually 25-35 year olds, often with a previous academic degree or real skills earned through work.
Can the Ideon companies use the students for smaller projects?
– Absolutely. The students are there for the companies to use, engage and hire. They are allowed to work commercially from day one, but there is also a 20 week LIA-course, Learning in a work environment, where the learning should take place at a company or in an organisation. Please feel free to send us an email 5-10 lines (WITHOUT any business secrets), and we will forward it to our students.
What will you be showing us on Instagram next week?
– We will show what our students are working with and also some reflections from the school about how fast the digital transition is moving. There are a good reason for Learn or die® to be a registered trade mark för Malmö Yrkeshögskola.
Lunch ideas from the Ideon Restaurant app
Did you know that students from the program have created an app that shows you the way to the restaurants at Ideon.