- This event has passed.
Free seminar on light quality in schools
December 4, 2019 @ 09:00 - 15:00
Welcome to a free theme day about the impact light has on academic performance. According to researchers, is the light affecting the learning process and making children and adults in school environments feel much better.
During the day we will address the following questions:
– Why are there no investment in good lighting in school environments?
– How do you procure better light quality in schools?
– Are there any examples of good light environments in schools?
Examples of good lighting environments in schools
– Jonas Kjellander, architect SAR and lighting designer, Sweco. Winner of the Swedish Light Prize 2019.
Architecture can create good daylight in school environments
– Marie-Claude Dubois, M. Arch. PhD, Associate Professor/Associate Professor of Energy and Building Design.
Sight ergonomics – how should the light be designed to make us feel as good as possible at our workplaces?
– Hillevi Hemphälä, researcher at Design Sciences, LTH.
Light as an educational tool
– Ellen Kathrine Hansen, Head of MSc program in Lighting Design, PhD, Associate Professor, Aalborg University.
How energy efficiency of lighting costs itself and gives a better quality of light on the investment
– Jim Collin, lighting designer and Head of ÅF Lighting.
Date: Wednesday 4th December
Place: Scheeletorget 1, Lund
Room: Sharience, The Spark, Medicon Village
Time: 09:30 – 15:00 lunch included
The event is free – sign up here.
The deadline for registration is 28 November
For who? Politicians, municipalities, architects, teachers, entrepreneurs with future lighting solutions, students and others.