Games Industry Exchange
April 27 @ 08:30 - 11:30
Games Industry Exchange brings together the powerful and world leading Swedish and British game industries. Through unique meetings, keynotes, panels and interviews, participants will learn about SWE – UK gaming opportunities, how game studios have expanded and built successful partnerships.
Meet the experts, tune into successful company stories and network with key stakeholders. As a cherry on top, ten of the most innovative and participating companies will have the chance to pitch (and potentially win), and receive feedback from investors and industry experts. We are welcoming both British investors, publishers and small-medium sized game studios interested in partnering up with their Swedish counterparts; developers, publishers and small-medium sized game studios who in turn are interested in matchmaking with stakeholders in the UK.
Games Industry Exchange is a partnership between Invest in Skåne, Region Skåne, Region Blekinge, Project Southern Sweden International, and the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the UK. Southern Sweden International is run by Invest in Skåne together with Region Blekinge and Almi Blekinge. The project is part-financed by the European Union Regional Development Fund and Region Skåne.
Learn more about Invest in Skåne here »
08.30 – 11.30
Registration, speakers, information, click here»
- Welcome & introduction by Invest in Skåne and SCC
- The case for the UK
- The UK Games Industry – facts, figures, trends, requirements & the support available
- Sharkmob’s CEO Fredrik Rundqvist – from Malmö to industry leading studio in the heart of London
- Regional support in the UK – meet three UK clusters
- Panel discussion – what are the lessons learned from working in both countries? (incl. Q&A)
- Break out rooms for networking and discussions
- Welcome & introduction by Invest in Skåne and Region Blekinge
- The Swedish games industry – facts, figures, trends & the support available
- Game Habitat – the hub for game development in southern Sweden
- Interview with Nordic Game
- Panel discussion with investors and publishers – what are investors looking for and their best advice? (incl. Q&A)
- Pitching – meet the future British and Swedish game developers
- Break out rooms for networking, feedback and discussions with investors and publishers
The event is free and open for all to attend.
Please register your interest to attend this event by using the form on this page. If you are a company interested in pitching, please state “Pitch” in the comment field together with your company name. Upon registration, we will send you an email asking for some further details about your business. You will later receive details on how to join the event.