An international science park where new ideas are created by sharp minds
Ideon Science Park is one of Europe’s most successful venue for innovators, entrepreneurs and venture capital. Built next to the Lund University School of Economics and the Faculty of Engineering, with 48,000 students and 5000 researchers/PhD students, the Science Park is the perfect place for business, research and public services to meet and develop business together.
Quick facts about IDEON AND GREATER COPENHAGEN
- In 2016, around €11.5 million was invested in tech startups in Lund and Malmö alone.
- The Medicon Valley cluster that Skåne is a part of is made up of more than 400 life science companies.
- Most R&D personnel in business per capita in the EU
- Lund University has 48,000 students and 5,000 researchers/PhD students.
- The Greater Copenhagen region has a combined total of 190,000 students, 17 universities and 14,000 scientists.
- Ideon Science Park is located right next to Lund University School of Economics and the Faculty of Engineering LTH, which makes Ideon the perfect place for business, research and public services to meet and develop solutions together.
- Max IV is the brightest synchrotron light source in the world.
- The European Spallation Source, ESS, will be a multidisciplinary research centre based on one of the world’s most powerful neutron sources, and
- Ideon is a natural portal to bridge the gap between science and business, to commercialize new findings.
- Sweden has very flat organizational structures.
- Great ideas can come from anywhere and collaboration is the best way forward.
- Ideon Science Park is the birthplace of Ideon Open, the leading open innovation agency in Sweden.
Establishing your business in Lund
International Citizen Hub Lund is the official site for relocating your business, career and life to Southern Sweden.
We provide helpful information to international talents and their families, arrange relevant activities, and offer a warm environment in which to meet. Find out more here.
NEW IN LUND?
Not sure what’s the best way to get to Lund and Ideon?