- This event has passed.
U.S. Talent to Sweden
October 4 @ 10:00 - 11:30
Join us for a morning of lively discussion. Leverage U.S. talent and add value to your business.
Looking for ways to bridge the knowledge gap? Not enough local talent to go around? You’re not alone.
This year alone tech companies in Sweden expect a shortfall of 70,000 skilled workers in the sector. To stay competitive, increasingly more companies are going abroad to get the competence they need – whether IT, AI or other critical skill sets – from abroad. Understand how and why recruiting top U.S. talents from american universities to Sweden adds value to your company and Sweden’s dynamic economy.
Welcome by Lotta Wessfeldt, COO, Ideon Science Park.
- The need of talent to our region
- Attract tech talent from top American universities through the Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce (SACC – USA) U.S. Talent to Sweden program.
- Hire a U.S. intern or trainee for three to 18 months to bridge your competence gap. Many times, a match leads to full-time employment in Sweden or at your subsidiary in the U.S.
- Meet a former SACC-USA trainee who will share her journey from a financial services company in Kalmar to retail giant H&M.
EIizabeth Johnson, Content Editor, H&M Group.
Hedda Hövel, Talent Mobility Outreach Associate, SACC-USA.
Astrid Boström Andersson, Talent Mobility Outreach Associate, SACC-USA
GLOBAL COMPETENCE AND VALUE
- Hear firsthand from Jenny Olsson, Administration Manager, Hansa Biopharma, why international talent brings value to her company.
SUPPORTING TALENT IN SWEDEN
- Learn from the International Citizen Hub Lund’s Lisa Andersson, Talent Attraction Developer, why it’s providing support systems for spouses, partners and families can ensure companies retain U.S. talent who move to southern Sweden.
- Camilla Bark, Director of Marketing and Communications at Invest in Skåne will touch on talent attraction from the perspective of investment promotion.
This event will be held in English. Light refreshments will be served.
This event is in collaboration with